Say Goodbye to that double chin! Kybella now Available!
Dr. Jeffrey Parks and Dr. Michelle Foley are two of the first Board Certified Dermatologists in the area to be performing Kybella treatments.
WHAT IS SUBMENTAL FULLNESS?
• Submental fullness due to submental fat, sometimes referred to as ”double chin,” is a common, yet undertreated facial aesthetic condition. It can detract from an otherwise balanced and harmonious facial appearance– leading to an older and heavier look.
• Submental fullness can impact a broad range of adults, and is not limited to people who are overweight. This condition can impact men or women of average weight and can be caused by aging, genetics and weight gain. It is often resistant to diet and exercise alone.ii
• According to a 2014 survey by the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS), over 2/3 of consumers are bothered by submental fullness – nearly as many as those bothered by lines and wrinkles around the eyes.
WHAT IS KYBELLA™ (DEOXYCHOLIC ACID) INJECTION?
• KYBELLA™ (deoxycholic acid) injection, also known as ATX-101, is the first and only FDA-approved injectable drug that contours and improves the appearance of submental fullness due to submental fat.
• KYBELLA™ is indicated for improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe convexity or fullness associated with submental fat in adults. The safe and effective use of KYBELLA™ for the treatment of subcutaneous fat outside the submental region has not been established and is not recommended.
HOW DOES KYBELLA™ WORK?
• When injected into subcutaneous fat, KYBELLA™ causes the destruction of fat cells.iv Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat. After the aesthetic response is achieved, retreatment with KYBELLA™ is not expected. Due to its cytolytic activity, KYBELLA™ should not be injected into or in close proximity to vulnerable anatomic structures.
HOW IS KYBELLA™ ADMINISTERED?
WHAT ARE THE RESULTS OF KYBELLA™ CLINICAL TRIALS?
• In the pooled, pivotal Phase III studies, 68.2 percent of patients responded to KYBELLA™ based on a composite of validated physician and patient measurements.
• Many patients experienced visible results in two to four treatments. KYBELLA™ treatment resulted in high patient satisfaction.
• Patients also reported improvement in the emotional impact of submental fat when asked how happy, bothered, self-conscious, embarrassed, old and overweight they felt following treatment in relation to the amount of their submental fat.
IS KYBELLA™ SAFE?
• Production of KYBELLA™ is a highly controlled, quality-assured and validated, current Good Manufacturing Practices-compliant process to ensure patient safety. KYBELLA™ contains no human or animal-derived substances.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS WITH KYBELLA™?